Sunday, March 1, 2009

he's gotta do what he's gotta do...

It seems like everytime I mention to someone that my boyfriend is enlisting into the US Navy this week, the first question they ask is, "What do you think about that?"
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad people are concerned. But. It doesn't matter what I think or how I feel. The number one factor is that Wayne is happy with his decision and that he is going after something that he wants to do. Ultimately, he will come out with more opportunites and a better person, which makes me extremely happy for him.
BUT. If you must know how I feel about the whole thing, here it is.
At first, I was very heartbroken. I knew that by going into the Navy, that he wasn't going to be in Greenville for a long while. I was very selfish about the entire thing to begin with. All I could think about was how I wasn't going to be able to seem him when I wanted to, couldn't just call him when I wanted to, etc. It was utterly devastating. However, after a lotttttttt of talking with a lottttttt of different people (including Wayne himself), I've become more comfortable with the idea. To quote Lawren, I'm stronger than I think I am, and I know that he and I will be able to make things work while he's gone. Yeah, it's still kind of a heartache for me, but time heals all things. I'm very excited for him, and already so proud of him.
On to happy thoughts :)
It's snowing in Greenville. And not like just dusting the area. I'm actually class-free tomorrow (quick sigh of relief -- had a paper due for Speech 205). It was exciting watching the flakes become mounds of untouched fun. Sadly enough, it'll all be iced over tomorrow, but atleast I got to put my prints into the soft, thick sheet of snow. I love it! :)
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment