Friday, March 13, 2009

the next generation may be in trouble..

So, I know the economy crisis is a really big problem in America and affecting millions of people right now.

However, since I've been working at the oh-so-wonderful KMart of Berea, I realize that there is a much bigger issue at hand. That being said, I am very concerned about the current generation of children out there.

As I was doing "go backs" against my will (and job description), I pulled a "game" from the bottom of the buggy and carried it to the toy aisle. It wasn't until I got to the aisle itself that I really began examining this game, and was completely taken aback, and felt the sudden need to pray for the children of America.

The "board" was a 3D, size of two fists, nose. Lining the rims of the nostrils, was a thick, green crust. The object of the "game" was to pull out the (gulp) boogers and the meaner the booger, the more points you score.

I gagged, literally, while looking at and reading through the instructions for this. I mean, really! This is so crude! Kids are taught their whole life not to pick their nose, and now they get points for picking someone else's!

*shudders*

KMart also opened my eyes to candies such as chocolate skittles, chocolate bubble yum, ice cream spray, and Sweet Tarts in a glue form contained within a squeeze tube.

God bless America...

1 comment:

  1. Our children are in much trouble. I came across a children's book in Target one time that was titled "Walter, the Farting Dog." My Grandmother was offended when Shrek farted. That's how far we've come.

    ReplyDelete